Hello from Scotland

By Arthur65
Oct 29, 2008
  1. Hi Everyone,

Although I have been an Electronic Engineer for approximately 48 years starting with Thermionic Valves, through Radar and finally Scientific Instruments controlled by computers where I loaded software, changed HDs and fitted IEEE boards etc, I have not delved into the nitty-gritty of computers. Having recently retired from the 'day job' I hope to learn more from you and hopefully contribute something between games of Curling, rounds of golf and games of Lawn Bowling.

Very best regards,

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Hi Arthur65 :wave:

Welcome to [​IMG] :grinthumb

Please read how to post a new thread in this Guide

Before posting please read all the Posting Guidelines

To access technical support please go to the Forums

It is customary to post your system specs in your Profile

You can access many other online TechSpot guides Here

Enjoy your Stay :)

That's ok, the other one now removed
  3. Arthur65

Arthur65 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hi Kimsland,

Thank you for the welcome. I'm slowly working my way through the guides as it's all too much for my ageing gray matter to take in in one lump.

4. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

If you have any questions about how to post, just ask.

All technical support to the forums though. :)

Oh I edited above as well.
  5. Poppa Bear

Poppa Bear TS Enthusiast Posts: 237   +7

Welcome mat

Hi Arthur,

Nice to see another "grey-hair-brigade" member come aboard. I'm a recent arrival also.

Re your statement:
    What about adding something less strenuous to the list,like hang-gliding.. LOL! :)

Totally ID with your later post where you said:
    I think I'll need about a gigabyte of lumps! :dead:

Cheers Bernie
  6. Arthur65

Arthur65 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hi Bernie,

For a recent arrival you've certainly been busy judging by your number of posts. I don't think I'll be keeping up with you.

Have another tinnie,

7. Poppa Bear

Poppa Bear TS Enthusiast Posts: 237   +7

HI Arthur,

You got a genuine laugh out of me re:

All those posts I've done tell you how busy I'm not! Maybe I'll visit my friends in Gateshead or Inverness and join you in a little Curling, Golf or Bowls to use up some of the spare time. :haha:

Truth is I played golf to the point where I couldn't even look at a golf ball :dead:... that is when I could find them in the rough or on the road adjacent the golf course! And the other truth is I've never played Curling or Bowls in my life, so maybe that's an experience waiting in the wings to happen?

Cheers Bernie (Australia)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.