Hello from snowy Newcastle

By Roeder21
Mar 24, 2008
  1. Hi all,

Just joined. Hope to get answers I want before pc goes out of the window. Probably read that opening many times before.
  2. ArtoShirt

ArtoShirt TS Rookie

Hi from Rochester, NY

We have lots of snow here as well. Are you in Newcastle UK? That's my fav beer, and my mom is from UK, she's from Epson.

Anyway, good look with your !@@#$ Computer...heh. That's how I refer to mine most of the time.
  3. Roeder21

Roeder21 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yeah Newcastle England. Actually near the north east coast in North Shields near mouth of river Tyne.

Have new custom built pc that keeps getting blue screen of death. Trying to not get too stressed.

Just watched a tv programme that you probably know - Extreme Makeover - Home Edition. About a single parent with multiple sclorosis. Kind of puts things into perspective really.
  4. ArtoShirt

ArtoShirt TS Rookie

Yes, great show!! It puts things very much into perspective. Hope you can find help here for your issues. I do a bit of computer repair, so let me know if I can help!
  5. Roeder21

Roeder21 TS Rookie Topic Starter

May be able to help.

Had audigy sound card installed. Keep getting blue screen stating "driver irql not less or equal" blah blah blah.

Done some research - windows vista not happy with certain drivers. Uninstalled driver and downloaded driver from creatives website. Still happened. Completely uninstalled again - now using onboard sound to see if I get same problem.

If not, I will get a different sound card. Apparently some creative products not that good with vista.

Any advice most welcome.
  6. ArtoShirt

ArtoShirt TS Rookie

Yeah, it's totally a vista thing. I would research a new card and that direction. I just bought a new cpu and I went with XP pro, I'm waiting to go vista, for a few years.

Good Luck
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.