TechSpot

Hello from Spain - problem with ventilation on ASUS portable

By jepax
Jun 13, 2005
  1. I have a portable computer : ASUS Series A1, and was curious to know how I could get ride of the continuous ventilation process which keeps running all the time. This has happened for the past few days now, and when I read the CPU temperature value ( 59ºC / 138ºF ), it doesn't seem to justify the continuous cooling process.
    Would it be possible that upon startup, somehow a vxd file ( or other ) is loaded unnecessarily, and provokes that process ?

Thanks, Cheers !

2. kol_indian

kol_indian TS Rookie Posts: 368

Hello and welcome to techspot :wave: :wave:

Regarding your problem i went to the asus and there is no information about that product can post some details abt u notepad, second what kind of cooling solution are u using now

3. jepax

jepax TS Rookie Topic Starter

cooling system on ASUS

Hi Kol_Indian, thanks for replying.
    To be quite honnest with you, I have no idea what kind of cooling process I have installed. It came in as a default ventilation system with the ASUSTek motherboard, A1B version 2.3.
    How can I find that out anyway? Do I have to physically open the portable computer in order to see the model ?

Thanks.

4. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.