TechSpot

Hello Hello

By Chrissylicious
Dec 1, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello TechSpot Message Board.
    I'm a long-time computer user (for chatting and downloading and photoshopping), but first-time message board forum joiner (except for very minor dabblings on my favorite band, pearl jam's forum). Hailing from the suburbs of Philadelphia PA, working with on mainly HP with XP home version installed.

I've been lurking the past week or so trying to clear up the web browser redirect virus that has infected my computer. After completing the 8-steps instructions over the course of a few days and reading many many posts on the subject, I've decided to join the community and really educate myself on wiping out my hard drive, reformatting/reinstalling XP and starting with hopefully a clean XP slate. I know very little about the proper computer terminology and vocabulary and even less about command lines and registry modifications, so I am looking forward to finding as much info as possible on the forums and hopefully not posting too many embarassing and/or repetitive questions/posts/threads.

Nice to meet if you've taken the time to read through this.

Sincerely, CMG
    (do people post with their real names? let the embarassing questions begin!)
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Yes some do. You can also find real names in the phone book ;) But generally people like using a "Nic" name on the Internet.
    Places like chat boards tend to never use their real names for privacy issues only (Mind you, privacy went out when Facebook came in :))

Hi Chrissylicious :wave:

Welcome to [​IMG] :grinthumb

Please read how to post a New Topic in this Guide

Before posting please read all the Posting Guidelines

To access technical support please go to the Forums

It is customary to post your system specs in your Profile

You can access many other online TechSpot guides Here

Enjoy your Stay :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.