TechSpot

Hello, I am new

By pinklady
Oct 9, 2008
  1. Hello to you all. I am a newbie and have a problem with my pc and internet explorer. Unfortunately i am a woman who has no idea what i am doing with fixing pcs. Any help would be most appreciated but i warn you you will have to explain fairly simple lol.

Please please please help before i throw my pc out the window lol.

I have searched all old threads for my problem but do not understand how to fix mine. The problem is i keep getting CiD advertisments through ie7, it is driving me mad. Can some kind soul please help a woman in distress.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

2. DaMak420

DaMak420 TS Rookie Posts: 189

Hey Pink Lady,

1st, welcome to the boards.

2nd, Start by trying to identify what you think the problem is. If it is running slow and feels bogged down, start in the "Security and the Web" section. Then describe your problem.

If it something having to do with sound, or display on your monitor, a good start would be the "Audio and Video" section.

So start there. If you need help figuring out where you should be posting, let us know a few symptoms, maybe in this thread, and we can direct you to the right place.

Again, welcome to the boards.

Regards

3. pinklady

pinklady TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 19

Sorry, the computer is running fine it is just these CiD advertisments keep poping up while i am on the internet and i just need help on how to remove them. I have turned off all popups on Aol and internet explorer but they still persist. I have ran spybot and everything was fine. I have got Norton antivirus running also.

4. DaMak420

I would suggest you start --------> HERE<-------

And post your findings and logs in the security and web section of the forums located ----->HERE<-----

5. pinklady

pinklady TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 19

Thank you DaMak, i will give it a try x

6. DaMak420

Good Luck!

7. Oggiemura

Oggiemura TS Rookie

Enjoy yourself

8. Dextazy

Dextazy TS Rookie

Yeah, good luck :)