TechSpot

hello :] im new. please help.

By StarzgObluex
Mar 14, 2006
  1. :wave:hey. i just signed up today.
    ive been having a problem with my comp. where there are little green dots all over the screen.. and its quite annoying. if anyone knows how to solve this problem please let me know. i would reali appreciate it :) .

2. StarzgObluex

StarzgObluex TS Rookie Topic Starter

3. SOcRatEs

SOcRatEs TechSpot Paladin Posts: 966

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

You'll need to post in this section
    Audio & video :wave:

4. akaivan

akaivan TS Maniac Posts: 470

hello and welcome.. :) Do you have the latest video drivers for your video card? And your screen may have dead pixels. TRY your pc with another moniter. IF you dont know what video card you have go start>run>dxdiag>display. Give me your card info and i may find them, usually there a nvidea or ati.Hope that helps :)

5. Jimbo420

Jimbo420 TS Rookie Posts: 356

All great suggestions from akavian there but I would also have to ask this are you using and LCD screen. A lot of times the those dots on an LCD can mean you have some dead pixels.

If you are running and LCD monitor I would suggest also hooking up another monitor just so see if the dot show up in the same place. That will tell you if it is your video card or monitor. Actually may be a good idea to do that whether you are have an LCD or not.

6. StarzgObluex

StarzgObluex TS Rookie Topic Starter

yes i do hav an LCD monitor

7. Jimbo420

Jimbo420 TS Rookie Posts: 356

Could be dead pixels then I would try hooking something else up to the computer and see if you still have the green dots.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.