TechSpot

Hello! I'm VMX!

By Vis Major
Dec 14, 2006
  1. My nick is Vis Major but my friends call me VMX for short! ;)

Out of Ottawa Ontario!

I'm here because I've fallen behind on my PC hardware knowledge and that just sucks.... because I'm trying to buy a new PC.

Anyways, so I'm going to be here for awhile, hopefully I can return the help I get... what I plan to do is get advice for building a decent machine on the cheep (not too cheep) and then I'll need advice about what to buy and then when I get everything I MAY or MAY NOT ask for advice about how to put it all together .... its not that I haven't done it before.

Its just that I've never done a 64 bit of my own, on my own before.

ONE SHOP that I trusted already has lied to me, and I know you guys won't lie to me. They told me that I couldn't use my current (generic) case and PSU for my new system and another place that I trust told me that I could use an even OLDER (anatec) case but just needed a new PSU if I'm going to go with a duel core system.

Interestingly enough, I've bought machines off of BOTH of these places. One machine from each place. The place that told me the truth had built the best machine I ever had, and the place that lied to me built me a powerful machine that has given me many headaches... they even once replaced my gfx card with an inferior one (when it needed to be replaced) and I didn't notice for about a month (didn't think I had to make SURE they put in the noncrippled 9200) ... ANYWAYS... so that is why I'm here.

So I don't get lied to. I don't lie, and I can't believe that the shop I live closest to isn't being straight with me when I buy ALL of my supplies from there... its 50 feet away fom my house. I just can't believe that they KNOW I'm on a budget and yet they decided to frack with me... now I'm just not buying anything from them ever again OR sending people to them anymore either... and I use to send people to them all the time, I've MADE them customers and money in general... but I have to stay on good terms with them because they are a reference on my resume... but geez, I'm ticked off.

ANYWAYS, I hope we can all help each other out! :)

Glad to meet you all! I should have done this in the frelling first place and then since I would have known more going in to the shop, they wouldn't have lied to me (again) and ... argh... glad to be here though. Obviously.

-VMX

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello Vis Major and welcome to Techspot.

I`m pleased to meet you and hope you enjoy your stay with us.

I`m sorry to hear that your local pc shop has tried to pull the wool over your eyes. If that`s the kind of thing they do, then they don`t deserve your custom or anyone elses come to that.

Would you please take a few moments to read the following. It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.

A message for all newcomers.

SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.

Thanks.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

3. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

What's up VMX!

If you have any questions with computers you know where to ask! :D

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.