1. Hi, Everyone,
    I am new just now and found this site with a search in IE, which I hardly ever use.
    The subject I posted was extremely similar to a post from one of your members and so I clicked, read the thread and followed instructions.

Forums are fairly new to me for tch help - I usually am able to solve my own problems - but this one is out of my league, and I do not want to wipe & re-install from my partition [although I do not think it's even possible now].

I am disabled in the spine and am an artist, loving every minute of my painting, collage work, and jewelry making. For the last month I have been reading and learning and trying to solve this problem myself..but I give up now - I've wasted enough of my time...I should have come here first.

I live in Charleston SC now and love it, moving here from Florida, where I was in a bad car accident. That was then - this is now. I just attended my 50 year High School - is all I have to say.

I am not at all educated in computers - we never had the subjects in school or college, and bought my first in 1991, when I started a business and needed it for my work. I learned on the phone from a friend who was an elementary school teacher...remember DOS? LOL

That's enough about me..I have to get this problem solved or fire up my other computer [that probably has more problems than this one = a friend gave it to me and she knows less than I do]

Thank you for being here to assisit.
  2. ravisunny2

ravisunny2 TS Ambassador Posts: 1,971   +10

Hi Sandra :wave:

Welcome to [​IMG] :grinthumb

Yes, I remember DOS.:)
    The reunion must have been great!

This is a great place to give and receive help.

You can pick up a great deal of information by browsing this forum.

You can read how to post a new thread in this Guide.

Before posting you should read all the Posting Guidelines.

To access technical support you may go to the Forums.

Many users like to post system specs in their Profile.

System Specs are always helpful when you seek support, (see the first two suggestions).
    And helpers may ask that you post some of your specs in your thread.

You can access many other online TechSpot guides Here.

Enjoy your Stay :)
  3. systemmistress

systemmistress TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 75

Hi, Ravisunny2, Thank you for the introduction to this site, and the explanation of what happens here.

Yes the Reunion blew my mind and I still think about where those 50 years went. Our bodies age, but inside our hearts and minds we do not - we just have physical limitations. Mine are from a car wreck 16 years ago, so I am used to being sedentary and very careful about physical activities.

This is really a great spot for help. It seems to be very active and lots of very knowledgeable tech people who are willing to help [unlike HP who's tech support is really not good at all- even when the warranty was still viable].

The feeling someone gets from helping others is amazing. Giving back is the final stage in the healing cycle and that is where I am at now.

I wish I knew more about computers Looks like I had better get my Pavilion up and running again..This one might have 'had it'.

Thanx again for the warm welcome..I am going to look around again.
  4. ravisunny2

ravisunny2 TS Ambassador Posts: 1,971   +10

I went to a school reunion last year, after a gap of 30 years.

I had to strain the brain, to remember some of the people.:blush:

Stay around, and it'll all sink into you.

Good luck.:)