Hello. New here, Need Help

By cmscalvert
Jan 12, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am an experienced and certified windows xp user, but there are still several issues that are beyond my grasp. I will need help with a recently out-of-commission system immediately. Please seek out my posts. Thank you.
  2. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Welcome to TechSpot. Find the time to read through all of the guides to full understanding, then come back to us with a description of the problem your computer is having.
  3. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +32

He has posted in the Virus and Malware forum but not run the programs. I'm sending him to do that.
  4. cmscalvert

cmscalvert Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Logs

Unfortunately, as of right now, I can't get to my dad's computer to RUN the programs since he is in another state and the old comp is not on. I could ask him if I could remote in and run the scans, but coordinating that takes a while. I only have malwarebytes and HJT installed. I'm not sure why so many people stand by HJT as the log you HAVE TO HAVE to get answers on these forums, but whatever, if that's what you need I'll get them eventually and post a reply. TTFN.
  5. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +32

Each forum sets up the steps it would like the member to take first. It gives us some preliminary information to work with. HijackThis just happens to be one of the steps here.

I went back and reread the "System Halted" thread. Obviously the existing hard drive had to be replaced. The new hard drive was a Western Digital 160 GB (127GB in FAT32) Caviar Blue drive.

You might want to check here regarding FAT32 and NTFS.: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310525

Please see my reply here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic141192.html
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.