Hello out there!

By cookiecrew
Apr 16, 2007
  1. Hi, everyone, just to say hello and it´s nice to be here. I came 3 years ago from my own networked office in the UK to a finca deep in the countryside in southern Spain, where I limp along with a PC and a USB mobile modem (no landlines, let alone ADSL, no radio signal, no budget for satellite). The modem should support 3G technology but I don´t think the infrastructure´s here - but I get 56kB GPRS cover (allegedly - more often runs at 30kB max). Slow and painful, but better than nothing.
    I have just bought and downloaded compression software for improving my speeds - and that appears to have done wonders, but has thrown up a couple of other problems that I need to ask about elsewhere.
    It´s nice to have found a forum where I can post questions as issues arise, since I obviously don´t have access to local help (the Spanish, love ´em, are not very hi-tech).
    Good to meet you!
    Debbie ;)
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

3. Masque

Masque TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,058

Welcome cookiecrew. We hope you find Techspot as fun and useful as the rest of us. Enjoy! :approve:
  4. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

Hi, welcome to TechSpot! :wave:

Please be sure to read the guide in my signature and to search Google and the TS forums before posting any questions. Enjoy your stay at TS!

Regards :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.