TechSpot

hello people i need some serious help

By lead peddler
May 9, 2005
  1. hello all my name is lead peddler and im a midle of the road pc person. i first bought my comp to play online games and since then i have crashed it numerous times and have spent too much money fixing it. so after i spent enough to send someone thru school to learn comp0uter engineering, i wewnt. took a couple semesters figuring out what makes em tick. needless to say you cant learn squt from a local comm. school so thats why im here, i recently purchased some pieces from a local repair guy, im familliar with what pieces do what and where to put em but as for compatibility of everyone im lost. so it leads me to the question at hand. i have a msi k7t266 pro board and i am getting a siren sound from it. i read a post about the same thing happening and the reply said to try taking out the grafix card and the memory to see if it continues well this board dont have the led to show the problem and when i take the two out it still has the siren. is the board gone or is it something else, also is this board capible of handleing a 2200 chip. also the memory is new kingston pc 2100 ddr so i know its good as i tried it in my system first. can anyone help me out????

2. isatippy

isatippy TS Rookie Posts: 497

Hello and Welcome :wave: :wave:

3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I don`t think your mobo will support the 2200 cpu.

Look HERE for info on your mobo.

The siren you can hear maybe the cpu alarm.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

4. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

Please don't get upset but your message was VERY hard to read due to poor formatting and grammer. (run on sentences and lack of capitalization where necessary.)

Also your message title was undescriptive.

Your memory should be ok for your MSI MB. I use Kingston in mine.
    goto MSIonline.com to see what your MB supports for CPUS.

I have a K7N2 Delta 2 platinum. It "supports" up to an Athlon XP 3200+, but it was very unstable with that chip. I downgraded it to a 2500+ and it works great with no issues.

5. lead peddler

lead peddler TS Rookie Topic Starter

hey tedster i did it that way cause i hate typing and i wanted to see if there were anoying people like you here that reply with nothing relavent to the post(.)english 101 over yet(?) well thanx to the ones that did reply with useful info but i got another board of the same and swapped cpus and it was the cpu that was in there went bad(.) so im going to ditch the both of em since they wont handle the 2200 chip i wanted to put in it besides i read the shuttle an35n ultra has much more to offer(.)
    so you guys take care and teddy when you are in school read the books dont eat em lol(.)
    thanx

6. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

It's annoying to read bad english over and over, particularly when trying to help someone. Learn your grammar, then post it. I usually don't get into flaming sessions, it's a waste of my time when I'm trying to help someone. BTW, I graduated college years ago and am currently working on a masters. What about you? Also you're new here, be careful who you piss off, they might not want to help you in the future! ok leddie ?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.