TechSpot

Hello TechSpot

By starvista9
May 23, 2005
  1. Hi everyone, I been a newcomer since November,lol. I don't post much (I guess thats why Im still newcomer status) but I visit TechSpot everyday and enjoy learning about computers from this site.

There is a very helpful community here at TechSpot. More helpful than some other Tech forums. People here don't "talk down to you" here and make you feel like an *****. I use my PC mainly for PhotoShop CS and surfing the internet.

I had major PC problems a few months ago and learned about Boot Sector Viruses. Well now everything is fixed and running great. I also cleaned out the dust in my PC with computer vaccum attachments and followed the directions on how to do that. And I keep my PC in a cool room.

6 months later I have zero PC problems and practice smart computing while on the internet. I also purchased Norton Ghost 9 after my last PC format and have been making monthly Ghost Images on DVD RW and CD RW. It gives me secruity, more than M$ system restore ever did.

Im currently in the process of getting FireFox because Im reading its safer than IE.

Well thats my story,lol.

Have a Great Day ! :knock:

2. SOcRatEs

SOcRatEs TechSpot Paladin Posts: 966

Way cool!

Welcome home!
    A post like this does help out others
    to figger out similar prob's they may have.
    I really don't think the status part of membership
    to techspot determines how much a person knows,
    just that they have a real enthusiasm.
    I'm seeing techspot as a very freindly and tolerant
    place for anyone to find and share answers, literally world wide.
    Come back as oft as you can! :D

3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Glad you`re enjoying the forums.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

4. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 5,734   +7

Hi, I am very pleased to meet you. I am glad you like it here, people do work hard to help others. All we ask, I guess, is that you do the same.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.