Hello this is bs bummed

By bsbummed
Sep 25, 2009
  1. new user on website. I go by bs.

2. bsbummed

bsbummed TS Rookie Topic Starter

Having a bad computer day(s) the blue screen error
    driver_irql_not_less_or_equal
    tech info: stop: 0x000000D1 (0x00000018, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xB9E4525F)

iastor.sys - address B9E4525F base at B9e36000, datestamp 42b2df42

running window xp media edition
    just started using linksys router. had no problem until we shut the computer down and restarted it the next day. thats when the error came up. Cannot reboot using oem cd, cant get past windows opening screen.
    can get to safe mode screen using f-8 on restart, but icant get safe mode or anything else to work. I can get into the f12 f2 and f-8 modes but scared to use things im not proficent with...

can anyone help..
    bsbummed

3. B00kWyrm

B00kWyrm TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,436   +37

Hi Bummed :wave:

I am not a mod, but
    Welcome to [​IMG] :grinthumb

When I arrived, one of the Mods welcomed me with these helpful hints.
    After you have read them, they will have equipped you to make a good post in the right area to find the help you need.

Post your information in the BSOD section and Route44, Raybay, TMagic, will likely be your best bets for help right now. (If I have overlooked someone, it was not intentional... those were just the names that came to mind first).

So, here are the hints...

You should read how to post a new thread in this Guide.

Before posting you should read all the Posting Guidelines.

To access technical support you may go to the Forums.

Many users like to post system specs in their Profile.
    System Specs are always helpful when you seek support, (see the first two suggestions).
    And helpers may ask that you post some of your specs in your thread.

You can access many other online TechSpot guides Here.

Enjoy your Stay :)

4. B00kWyrm

B00kWyrm TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,436   +37

Hello bummed...
    I have not seen a repost in the BSOD area. Are you still here?

5. bsbummed

bsbummed TS Rookie Topic Starter

bsbummed

I am over my head even using this open board.. dont know how navigate or find where to ask questions.. had to reset computer to factory defaults. lost everything. Did not know if anyone got the message. thanks anyway

6. almcneil

almcneil TS Guru Posts: 1,277

Very likely you have a corrupted device driver and at that, it's an essential device.

The best step at this point is to a Windows Repair. For this you need the Windows installation CDs (2) for Windows XP Media Center. If you have them and need help initiating the repair, repost.

-- Andy

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.