TechSpot

Hello to all, I'm JieMan

By JieMan
Nov 1, 2009
  1. Hi , My handle is JieMan , I'm 29 years old

I'm becoming more active on these forums as I am recently off work and like to keep up on current tech. I always like to check out the latest news on TechSpot , one of my favorite places. I find myself checking for new stories everyday aside from the weekends of course. I have been an active member at NVIDIA SliZone for a couple years but with the new merger into the NVIDIA general forums I have no place to go at the moment to get my blog on .. ha ha , I see myself becoming more active in TechSpot so keep an eye out for me. Its a little hard sometimes as I have to compete for internet time with my girlfriend ,,, funny how she uses my PC for playing farmville on Facebook ,thats about the extent of it .. I think I might look around for a netbook in the future for her so I can get some more time playing games ... who knowes I might use it for blogging .... they seem perfectly suited for the task , I see TechSpot is having a contest for one .......

Anyways I am into PC gaming alot , my system details are as follows

Formula Black = http://forums.slizone.com/index.php?showtopic=37467&hl=

AMD PII 940 @ 3.6 1.45v 40c idle 53c full load lapped MX-3

Coolermaster V10 custom modded cooler ,laped everything, I took out the tec and grinded off the tabs so I could put the tech plates together with no tec, I am getting alot better temps by 15c as opposed to using the underpowered tec.

Asus Crosshair II formula 780a redid the north and southbridge with MX-2

Gtx 280's in SLI NVIDIA reference gpu's with the bios flashed with Evga FTW
    Accelero Xtreem gtx280 coolers , custom modded vrm heat sinks , I made out of the stock vrm plate and some mem coolers from Thermalright. MX-3

Asus Xonar DX sound card , use with my rca surround with optical and dolby digital

8Gb Ocz Platinum low voltage ddr2 1066 @ 1150 1.8v 4x2Gb

Western digital caviar black 640Gb in raid-0 and a WD black 1 Tb external as backup

LG 22x dvd burner , LG 24" 1920x1200 Monitor , Logitech MX 5500 Kb/mouse

Hiper 880w type R2 PSU

Antec 1200

When it comes to gaming you'll probably give me shizzle over my preference for using a microsoft xbox gamepad , I've tried and tried but I suck at kb/mouse . But I am so used to using the thumb sticks coming from my xbox . I understand its faster and more precise , I got a cyber sniper keyboard pad for gaming trying to help me but its slow going. As most games are a console port anyways I like the way alot of them have native support for the ms gamepad.. well enough on that .

I work as a carpenter but in the winter months work is slow. I always wanted to get into an IT job as I am very quick on picking up on new tech , I cant write programs and deal with code but I am good at building computers and picking components.
    Well I guess thats a start and if I can be of any help just ask .. Thanks and I am looking forward to spending some more time here.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.