TechSpot

Hello to all Techspotters!!

By jumpinjackflash
Apr 30, 2005
  1. Hello to everyone, I hope I can fit in somewhere and be a part of this PC tech community. I must warn everyone that my hair has turned to a silvery grey :zzz: meaning I might not be as sharp as some. :hotbounce

2. A_DOG73

A_DOG73 TS Rookie Posts: 170

Welcome

I am a newcomer here too and I have to say this forum doesnt help me much with my problems. Usually when I post something, noone replies. And I see other peoples posts that get hundreds of replies within minutes or seconds. I have gotten a reply one time and it did help a little. If you want to chat computers I am always checking around this site. I am trying for my A+ certification now and I am using this forum to help me practice my skills.

3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

4. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,343   +6

jumpinjackflash Welcome to TechSpot, it's a very friendly place to get as well as give advice. See you around.

5. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,343   +6

Sorry you feel this way. As you say, I see you have at least gotten some help, and the one's that you didn't get a reply to, I presume nobody has an answer for. But people here that give help are all just volunteers and happy to help when and if they can. Hope to see you stick around.

6. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

WTF are you complaining about?
    Every single post of yours got at least one answer!
    As olefarte said, this forum is run strictly by volunteers.
    They or other members/guests might not always have an answer to any question that is asked here.
    It's better to give NO answer, than a wrong answer (or some unrelated drivel).

7. jumpinjackflash

jumpinjackflash TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for the welcome everyone, I have to admit it is a better welcome than I have received from all previous forum entries. :wave:

realblackstuff, I see you are a fan of my favourite tipple.
    Lets throw a party. :grinthumb

Attached Files:

8. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

In some other post, someone said I "deserved a barrel of Guinness" for my answers.
    As soon as I get that delivered, I'll let you know ;)

9. jumpinjackflash

That'll do well realblackstuff, I'll be there. :giddy:

10. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 5,734   +7

Hi, I am a techspotter and pleased to meet you.

11. isatippy

isatippy TS Rookie Posts: 497

Hello and Welcome :wave: :wave:

12. jumpinjackflash

Hi, isatippy and Phantasm66, nice to meet you and all the techspotters I didn't mention. Greetings to all. :)

13. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 5,734   +7

I am very sorry that this has been your experience here (you feel), and can assure you that people here do try hard to help others - for free, and asking nothing in return. Remember that its not always possible to help everyone, but I do think that most posts are given a good attempt by the community in general. I've been here for about 6-7 years now, so I think I can safely say that.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.