TechSpot

Hello

By rampager
Jul 1, 2008
  1. Hi,

I come from New Zealand and usually I have no problems with my computer. This has suddenly changed which is why I hav joined the forums. Hello to you all. I thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

2. Whiffen

Whiffen TS Rookie Posts: 235

Welcome ^_^ I hope we will be able to help you out with anything you need ;D

BTW, you might want to edit you computer specs that you put in your profile.

It was a nice effort but you got 2/3 wrong if not all of it xD

One way to fix it up would be to right click "my computer," and select "properties," then under the general tab (it will open on this tab) you will see 3 different sections,

System: - - -
    Registered to: - - -
    Computer: - - -

"System" should list your operating system, windows xp for example.
    "Computer" should give you your processor, its speed, and the amount of memory (RAM) you have.

The first pic attached might be easier to understand.

Then, in the same window, click the "hardware tab," and then "device manager," then click the little "+" beside the objects to reveal them. Take a look at the second attached pic to see what you want from there. Your processor is also listed there so If you had trouble finding it at first you can grab it here.

3. rampager

rampager TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for your help Whiffen.

Tried again, hopefully I'm on the right track.

4. Whiffen

Whiffen TS Rookie Posts: 235

That looks better ;D

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.