TechSpot

Hello

By soybean
Jan 7, 2009
  1. Hi all!

I am the new kid on the block. Having problem with search engine (malware/spyware). Hopefully this community can help.... help...... thanks,

SB

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Welcome! I am certain a well thought out inquiry will get you a lot of responses... list your configuration and some detail on what your problem seems to be.

3. soybean

soybean TS Rookie Topic Starter

Browser acting weirs..

Hello Raybay,
    Thank you much for helping. My PC- XP, IE, DSL connection. Acting very strangely... I cannot Live update antivirus software (Norton). I was able to launched the webpage from this forum but all of the links on it (download antivirus software) don't work - nothing works (windows firewall was disable). Links on Google search pages redirect to advertizing pages... grrrhh....
    I have setup the Acronis backup, thinking of bring this back but is was a year old. Please advice/help. thanks again...-SB

4. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

I cannot help you here. But this is a problem with a known infestation. You should search in the forum for such events, or repost your problem where others can help.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.