TechSpot

Hello

By Mark56
Jan 29, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi,

I have been working with computers for many years and still remember the days of the ZX Spectrum and the times when hard drives were so small you had to delete old programs to install new ones, how times have changed.

I have been enjoying a huge learning curve while trying to help others on the WindowsBBS site, my nickname on there is Markmadras. I hope I will be able to help many other people on this site also.

How long (or is it permanent) do you have to keep using the Image Verification when making posts. It's a minor irritation but I would rather use a site without this.

I see most people are using links to there dump files, what do I need to download to be able to read them, on windowsBBS dump files are decoded by the user and then posted in full.

Mark.

2. LookinAround

LookinAround Ex Tech Spotter Posts: 6,491   +183

Hello Mark56 :wave: And welcome to TechSpot!

Re: BSODs
    The BSOD forum regulars can probably give more detailed info but I'll pass along some of the useful links i've bookmarked re: BSODs that may also help
    > How do I read minidumps?
    > BSOD Fixing Tutorial (includes description of using BluescreenView tool)
    > BlueScreenView Tool

Look forward to seeing you in forums :)

3. Mark56

Mark56 TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 1,889

Thank you for that information:D