TechSpot

Hello

By apell
Mar 17, 2005
  1. Hi y'all ! i am new to this site and i just thought it is cool idea to have a place to discuss cyber matters ..... i came across this site while trying to find out how to Boot from my A drive .... i still have not got answers so...... i find the site quite confusing so i need help ...

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

In order to boot from your "A" drive, first go into bios and set the boot order to floppy/cd-rom/hard drive. Put your bootable floppy disc in your drive and save and exit bios. You should now be able to boot from your floppy drive.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

3. apell

apell TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 23

Booting from A

Ok thanks .. but how to i go to bios? alt+ctrl+del?? at start up or DEL only

4. apell

Booting from A

oh by the way what i was doing was like statrting with my boot disk in the drive and i would get the ... A:/> dos prompt with the sytem asking for a command... i kind of was trying to let the Pc switch automatically from start up

5. howard_hopkinso

Obviously if you are getting an "A" prompt then your computers boot sequence is already set to boot from the A drive first.

For future reference in order to get into bios try pressing either the delete key or F2 or F1 at boot up.

If you`ve got your mobo manual it should tell you which key to press.

May I ask why you want to boot from your floppy drive?

Regards Howard :cool:

6. apell

Why..

because the Pc will not boot from the hard drive it keeps telling me that " :confused: boot failure in drive c".... "insert boot diskette in A" .. so i made a bootable **** for a pc in the library .. (same win xp) then i inserted diskette in the drive .. so the it says ok now type the command A:/> ,...... and thats where i get lost fro that prompt cause i do not know what command to type

7. howard_hopkinso

Go HERE and follow the instructions on how to repair Windows.

Regards Howard :cool:

8. apell

Thanks

Thank you! : will do

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.