TechSpot

Hello

By Wendy
Nov 6, 2005
  1. Hi All

I am so glad I found this site. I am having terrible problems with DVD's and players. I have been downloading Arty things onto DVD and don't have a problem with this - the big problem I have is that they will not play on my DVD player. I have even purchased a new player that says will play anything DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW and yet my DVD;s will still not play I am using DVD-R can anyone stop me tearing my hair out with frustration by explaining why they won't play.

Yours desperately

Wendy

2. pkroks

pkroks TS Rookie Posts: 259

sup...:grinthumb

i think your problem could be that you are not burning the movies as a DVD. you are burning them as the .mpeg file that you downloaded... i think you have to convert them to a DVD playable format...

3. Wendy

Wendy TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks

Thanks pkroks,

Unfortunately I am garbage with computers, I never thought it would be so complicated. I only wanna download some art videos to play on my DVD, I wouldn't know how to convert these files if they are infact .mpeg. If you give me a paintbrush I could paint a masterpiece, give me a computer, now that's another matter :eek: . If you could I would be very grateful for a method on how to convert the files.

Yours despairingly. :eek: :confused: :wave:

Wendy

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.