TechSpot

Hello

By shan
Feb 25, 2007
  1. Hi everybody. I am new here. I am from India, and have been working with PCs since 1988 when PCs came to India (some time before that). Of course India had its mainframes but my point in saying this is to tell you how familiar or unfamiliar with computers I am. Though I am an eletrical engineer and had electronics for a subject I am not having first hand experience wih computers except that I am a self learner. And I am here because I am having a problem with my Toshiba Modem and will now go to the proper place to ask questions or find solutions if already available. Cheers!!!

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

3. Jesse_hz

Jesse_hz TS Maniac Posts: 545

Welcome to TechSpot, shan!

Since you are new, I would recommend you to read the links that howard posted above^

Here are five very good tips:

- read the stickies before posting
    - do a search before posting
    - use meaningful thread titles when posting, that accurately describe your problem
    - use the 'Edit' button if you're the last person to post a reply
    - put any information about your computer(s) in your public profile

I'm pleased to meet you and hope to see you around the forums! :)

4. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

Welcome. Be sure to read the FAQs in the guides forum and also at the top of each forum. 90% of questions are already answered there! Please post questions once in the proper forum and if members can help you, they will reply if they wish. We're strictly voluntary here! Take care and enjoy techspot - I've been techspott'n for a few years now. :)

5. shan

shan TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanks for the reply. I will do as you say. Of course I have posted a message in a fresh thread because it seems it is a new problem not discussed before.
    thanks

6. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

Hello shan, welcome to TechSpot! :wave:

Please be sure to read the guide in my signature. Enjoy your stay at TS!

Regards :)

7. shan

shan TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hi Kitty, Thanks for the reply. I will read what you say. And now I noticed that there were others too who had replied to me. So thanks everybody. I will go to sleep now as it is late night here!! Bye

8. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

What are you talking about???? It's the middle of the afternoon...:D

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.