TechSpot

hello

By elfivnteh
Jun 29, 2007
  1. Hi everyone, I am a new user of this forum. i have a problem on my pc. I have a payroll system that runs on 16 bit MS-DOS system.... recently it has the following error message:- c: Docume~1\Admin~1\Local~1\temp\cn911.exe. The ntvdm cpu has encountered an illegal instrustion. CS:05cd IP:0169 OP:63 68 61 72 73 choose 'close' to terminate the application. after i close it another message come out, The request to end selected 16 bit task has timed out. The win 16 subsystem may be unstable. Press OK to terminate the win16 subsystem or cancel to leave to running. Another time the message Cn912.exe has encountered a problem and need to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Is there anybody to help me to settle this problem.. I am not an IT technician, just an office administrator. My knowledge of the pc is only on the operation side. And the vendor for my payroll system wanted me to upgrade it to window 32 bit... but it cost a sum of money.... Help!!!

2. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,415

Hi

Your running an old DOS based program on an NT based machine, and basically NT doesnt like something the program is doing,

You see NT doesnt have DOS it has a program that pretends its DOS, the payroll program may have developed a glitch in it which is causing the error.

I dont think anyone here can advise you better on what to do, you need to contact the Vendor of the product for help as the fault is with the program not with the OS.

Regards

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.