TechSpot

Help.....ACPI Bios Not fully compliant??

By Bosox3
Nov 8, 2006
  1. ok..heres the story..
    I just opened this computer I got from tigerdirect.com and I was loading windows 2000 pro onto it...It loads half way and I get this message:
    ACPI Bios not fully compliant with the ACPI specification.

So I did what I read and When Setup starts again, press F7 (not F6) when you see the "Press F6 if you need to install a third-party SCSI or RAID driver" screen.
    Windows automatically disables the installation of the ACPI HAL and installs the Standard PC HAL.

So win2k is installed but I cant seem to get onto the internet and update any of the drivers.
    THe computer is a IBM netvista 8307 model. They had some deal on it awhile back for less than $150..so I couldnt pass it up.

Im kinda lost right now..not sure what the problem is.

**Update**
    ok..so i called IBM tech support today and all they did was show me where to download the drivers for the *yellow !'s * I was getting.
    These were the problem ones:

Ethernet controller
    multimedia audio controller
    sm bus controller
    video controller VGA Complatable

so if I do what they said and just get those drivers...will everything work ok?

Im pretty sure I need to change something in the bios..but dont have a clue on what needs to be done.

2. smore9648

smore9648 TS Rookie Posts: 757

Those are your drivers missing.

Get the driver from here. www.driversguide.com

Thats why you cannot get online becuase your Ethernet card/ port does not have the drivers installed.
    Is this onboard ethernet or a PCI?

3. Bosox3

Bosox3 TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanks for your help....Its Onboard Ethernet

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.