TechSpot

Help.....ACPI Bios Not fully compliant??

By Bosox3
Nov 8, 2006
  1. ok..heres the story..
    I just opened this computer I got from tigerdirect.com and I was loading windows 2000 pro onto it...It loads half way and I get this message:
    ACPI Bios not fully compliant with the ACPI specification.

So I did what I read and When Setup starts again, press F7 (not F6) when you see the "Press F6 if you need to install a third-party SCSI or RAID driver" screen.
    Windows automatically disables the installation of the ACPI HAL and installs the Standard PC HAL.

So win2k is installed but I cant seem to get onto the internet and update any of the drivers.
    THe computer is a IBM netvista 8307 model. They had some deal on it awhile back for less than $150..so I couldnt pass it up.

Im kinda lost right now..not sure what the problem is.

**Update**
    ok..so i called IBM tech support today and all they did was show me where to download the drivers for the *yellow !'s * I was getting.
    These were the problem ones:

Ethernet controller
    multimedia audio controller
    sm bus controller
    video controller VGA Complatable

so if I do what they said and just get those drivers...will everything work ok?

Im pretty sure I need to change something in the bios..but dont have a clue on what needs to be done.

2. smore9648

smore9648 TS Rookie Posts: 697

Those are your drivers missing.

Get the driver from here. www.driversguide.com

Thats why you cannot get online becuase your Ethernet card/ port does not have the drivers installed.
    Is this onboard ethernet or a PCI?

3. Bosox3

Bosox3 TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanks for your help....Its Onboard Ethernet

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.