Help!! Audigy 2/Altec Lansing 641 BEEP

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyruS

ARGH! I am fed up. I have a brand new Audigy 2 and brand new Altec Lansing 641 speakers. They both work great most of the time, but once in a while, the speakers will play a really loud, high-pitched sound. Sometimes the sound only lasts a split-second, other times it goes for a couple seconds. Then once the sound stops playing, the speakers sometimes quit playing the song or sound effect or whatever sound it "beeped" on. I am guessing it's a sound card problem becuase when my headphones are hooked up to the sound card, the headphones do it too, once in a while. I've run every diagnostic that exists and they all say my speakers are working fine. I called both Creative and Altec Lansing's tech support, neither really helped.
If someone could help me, I would be ever greatful.. :)
P.S. I also tried doing TS' Audigy 2 tweak guide...didn't really help.
Also my friend suggested I do the 'polarity test.'.......would that help? :confused:

Do you have a microphone which is switched on placed near to the speakers? Have you tried reinstalling the drivers?

Ok I'll just tell you my entire setup on the audigy 2. I have the speakers which have 2 jacks (front & rear) and they each go in their respective ports on the audigy 2, (duh). Then, I have my headphones, which has a mic. The mic is plugged into the hole directly next to the "front speaker" hole. However, since i also want sound through the headphones, I have the headphones AND the front speaker jack hooked upto a splitter, which then connects into the "front speaker" hole. Does that make sense? So if you are looking at the audigy 2's back, first comes the mic on my headphones, then there is the "front speaker" hole, in which I have a splitter plugged into it with both the front speakers and the headphone speakers plugged into the splitter. Then the next hole is the rear speaker hole, with just the rear speakers plugged into that.
HOWEVER....this might not be the problem because i think i once tried unplugging the headphones altogether and i think the problem was still there.... but that would make sense.. :|

Maybe even try switching to a different PCI slot...perhaps there's an IRQ conflict...Maybe the next time it does it you could look at your event veiwer (control panel\administrative tools\Event viewer) (providing you have windows xp)and seeing if there's any type of error reported..just a thought

Hmm.....i'm running Windows ME.... :(
I'll try switching PCI slots.
Thanx everyone!

btw, if you still wanna post suggestions, post em. .. i am still open to suggestions.... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back