Help! Blue Screen Error Message

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know many have posted about this problem, but mine just doesn't want to get fixed!
i've done what all the tutorials on microsoft have told me. i put in my operating system cd and restarted my computer, and its supposed to say "Press any key to boot from CD" but instead mine just goes straight to the "We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this."

Blue screen error message:

"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk defragmentation or backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for any updated drivers. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x857917A8, 0xc0000102, 0x00000000)"

I'm on a Dell INSPIRON 700m
windows XP

It says to run CHKDSK /F, but i have no clue how!
And how do I get my OSCD to work?
Thank you :]

Go to My Computer, right click on the C drive, and select Properties, Tools, check this drive for errors... Check the boxes that appear and say "yes" to "Do you want to check at restart?" (I have abbreviated the message) When you restart the computer a disk check will start automatically before Windows loads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back