Help: BSOD Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremy9109

I am not having much luck finding a solution to this.

I was just browsing the web when all of a sudden I got a blue screen that says:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0x000000A (0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x00000001, 0x804F9D36)

I'm fairly knowledgable with computers but I can't figure this one out at all. It won't even boot up on safe mode. I can get to the Dell BIOS screen but the second the Windows XP logo comes up the BSOD yells at me.

Could be anything, but the last set of digits give you the big clues (0x804F9D36)
referring to a hardware problem... could be easy for some on this forum to figger out, but until you hear from them, consider a video graphics issue, ethernet, memory failure of one module, hard drive, actually any component...
If the computer has some miles on it, you might speculate and narrow it down.

Will it boot in SAFE MODE

I took one RAM chip out and tested it, vice versa, both give me the blue screen..

Um, no it will not boot up in safe mode at all.

Now you need to figger out what could have happened to destroy two chips... What you describe is extremely rare. Did somebody spill liquid into the case... or do something else intentionally?

No, it's a 4 year old cheap desktop though, if that has anything to do with it. I've already had 2 failed hard drives from dell but now I'm off warranty. My father says it could be a failing processor or 2 bad rams..

What is the model, and how do you use it.
Two bad RAM. Extremely rare.
Two failed hard drives... not so rare if Samsung, Maxtor, Hitachi, TriGem, or older Western Digital models. Dell sends Refurbs for the replacment drive.
Not a bad processor, usually. But overheating from gaming or image work if it is a low end model like a Dimension 2400 to 3000 to 5000, or an Optiplex GX series.
If it was used for high performance stuff over time, that would easily have caused the failure, as the Dell power supplies in their low end units just cannot handle the stress...
nor can the cpu fans... which are held up by plastic supports.
If it had Samsung, Maxtor, or Hitachi drives, they would be the cause, in my opinion.

It's a dell dimension e310 and I do a lot of gaming been gaming on this machine since I got it..but i wasnt gaming at the time of the BSOD. I believe I had 2 maxtors but I have a seagate now. I actually took the whole thing apart piece by piece and cleaned them off so wouldn't it be cooler? It was very dusty when the BSOD happened. The fan in this machine is bigger than most fans, it's probably 6-7 inches in diameter, just the one fan that takes air in from the space in the front..

If you do a lot of gaming, that will burn out the video graphics card, and thus the BSOD results from the failed graphics card.

I am experiencing the same error with my girlfriends Eee PC machine. She got it so she could surf the net from the wherever in the house the children are so she could keep an eye on them (she makes a little bit of cash with it, so she has to check it every once in a while). At any rate, she doesn't play games because it is a pita on such a small machine, and she doesn't run anything more consumptive than internet explorer. Will not boot in safe mode. Does that add any relevent information?

raybay:

I burned out the video card in the machine I'm on right now so it's running on a weaker card, but I'm not gaming on it. My personal computer, like I said, has on-board graphics so would it likely need a new motherboard? I can't really customize it as it came from the Dell factory and I hate hate HATE Dell and the way they make their machines so difficult to deal with.

turbomacncheese:

This error could be the result of many different faults. You should browse the net for answers that fit better to your problem.

Thanks, I'm not very familiar with blue screen errors. I thought that the numbers on the bottom of the message made reference to something in particular and that it would be consistent. I guess I'll have to start troubleshooting the hardware though. I learned that much, so thanks again.

I'm not very familiar with them either but in my case, apparently they point to a hardware problem. Google your code, start researching it. You should find a solution at some point.

What interests me is that you have the same error on two machines, and I would think that you are communicating between the two machines.

We better talk about that, and what you use for antivirus and antispyware on each machine.

I'm sorry to report that I still do not understand what are the brands and models of the two machines... But similar errors on two machines on which communications occur between the two machines deserves a careful look.

I recommend that you have the same antivirus and antispam on each. I recommend Avira Antivir or Alwil Avast as your antivirus, and two of these: Spy Sweeper, Spyware Doctor, SuperAntiSpyware, MalwareBytes, Windows Defender, and perhaps ComboFix if it comes to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back