Help! BSOD!

By CharlieBravo
Jan 25, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This isn't your average BSOD. I know what it is,the problems. The problem is,I don't know how to fix it!

All I've heard so far,is that I need to use a winXP cd and run /chkdsk or something,for my BSOD error "Unmountable boot volume" However,I have a HP computer which does not come with a windowsXP cd or anything. Instead,I have to do download the windows boot disk and put it on 6 floppies. Problem: My broken computer does not support floppies...which is kind of my fault because I customed ordered it not to.. So I was wondering,is there any way I could run the program,without going into the computer(Cause I can't,not even safe mode)or buying a new windows CD,or re-configuring my computer (Lengthy process).

Maybe there is a program out there you could direct me to? That could work like a windows XP bootdisk
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.