Help building NLE Mobo and Processor???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amd or intel ,want to edit with adobe.$1300_1700.Like Ati1900xt video card??All suggeston very helpful thanks.Also which would give me better rendering.

Maybe if you took the time to properly tpe out what you need/want, people will bother replying.

Didou said:
Maybe if you took the time to properly tpe out what you need/want, people will bother replying.

TYPE*

(don't ban me from posting. everyone makes mistakes)

Go for the Intel Core 2 Duo, it has more power than anything at the moment. For editing i don't know if i'm getting it right but i always thought that Intel had the upper edge. The C2D(core 2 duo) runs really cool and quiet so you don't have to worry about the jet turbines the old prescotts used to be. I would recommend getting 2x1g 667mhz or higher memory because depending on the level of work you're doing 1g isn't enough. You're looking to spend $1300 but which currency is that? being an aussie my prices are way to high for the yanks.

Help building a NLE

Yes $1300 to $1700 ,I was told some intels, Had a bottleneck issue????Thats one reason I need help since intel came out with their new processors.I know very little about...Does AMD render faster??????

isabelle6446 said:
Yes $1300 to $1700 ,I was told some intels, Had a bottleneck issue????Thats one reason I need help since intel come out with their new processors.I know very little about...

Core 2 Duo's are the way to go.

You're in the US so head on over to www.newegg.com

Do you play games? Otherwise the X1900XT wouldn't be useful.

E6600(2.4ghz, 4mb unified L2)
Motherboard w/Intel P965 chipset
2x1g kit 667/800 memory
Hard drives are cheap :) try Seagate 320g
500w or higher good quality Power Supply if you're going for the X1900XT

You should be able to easily get everything you need to build a quite powerful system. Do you need a screen?

EDIT: "Does AMD render faster??????" NO!

No,I don't play games,but would like a card with dual monitors and capture abilities.Good graphics would be nice.Our you saying I don't need a video card???What do you recommend???Thank you for your time.No onboard video with that board ,which I think is good no ,conflicks but will I need a card any suggestions????

isabelle6446 said:
I would like a card with dual monitors and capture abilities.
If you're going to edit only DV video, you could get a mainboard with FireWire connector and plug the camera to it.

FireGL are made for graphics rendering, and video editing. That would be the BEST choice if your not gaming. There for professionals. Another professional rendering card is the nVidia Quadro series, which are both good.

That card is well priced to its power but you're looking at an exotic gamers card. Try looking a few models below it for what you want. Noise/Heat/Power are three things you don't really want to be paying for. Maybe something like the X1600XT/7600GT would be a better choice. Both cards have different models with Dual DVI or the little analog connecter too. Read a little more into the X1000 series video rendering abilities AVIVO? which i think the X1900GT would be the go then but overall try to steer away from the high end models are you're simply not going to use it to its potential.

http://www.ati.com/technology/avivo/technology.html

Thanks everyone, I'm checking this information with new egg now.I would like to be able to capture from vcr,mini dv,dvd.I want a Nle that won't drop frames,(ha,ha) or take 1 hr,to render 25 min of work.Any ideas on a good dvd burner???Again thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back