Help buying an internet router?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

British_Command

I need help buying a new internet router, currently in possesion of a WRT54G Linksys internet router which i think is causing internet router conflict with others because on my xbox live games like call of duty 3 keep getting this message saying 'could not connect to all players' this happens around 75% of the time i join a server.

I dont know if its my router or isp but i think its my router and im sick of not being able to join the games i want, i wanted to know if the thing im saying is possible and likely and also if there is a particular internet router which works well with gaming and doesnt have much problems etc.

Any help is very appreciated, thanks again.
British_Command

You need to invest in a Gamers Router, they cost more than the cheaps but offer you full connection speeds so you can connect to multi-users..

Gamer Lounge DGL-4300 Wireless Router
DGL-4300_main.jpg

Well

whenever i hear about configuring your router its all ports etc. I try ports really doesnt make a F***ing difference with me, im sure im doing it right, if there's any other tips about configuring please tell me.

Thanks also for that Gaming router will look into that.

[EDIT] Just looked at that router £82 around $150 i think in US, but thats not too much to me but any configuration tips or instructions please tell. [EDIT]

First relax,

Configuration tips will always been needed no matter what type of router you get.

Do you know what ports you need to open on the router?
Have to turned on the Onboard processor on the NIC
Have you changed the connection settings so others can share with you.

The best tool for TCP Optiming is from Speedguide.net
There is Dr. TCP from DSL Reports (covers cable too)

If I was like you I would take back the Linksys Wireless Router and get the heavy duty router like I have shown you. If you want to review routers go and look at Toms Hardware. You'll see the Gamer Router near the top.

Thanks

I use portforward to find out ports, although NIC stuff dont think ive heard of that and also configure my settings to share like ICS? I have DMZ hosting? but please expand on those if its okay.

Also i will be getting the router probably in the next few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back