HELP!!! Can`t access a website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pservin

I am having trouble accessing myspace.com. This has been going on since yesterday. Whenever I type in the website address and hit enter, it takes a couple of mintues and then I get a message saying "invalid syntax error". I have no problems with any other website and like I said, this just started to happen yesterday. I have never had trouble with this site before....what can I do???

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Is it possible that the website was down for a while?

Can you give us the full url to the site?

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

No...of course I had thought of that too but I asked a couple of people just a few minutes ago the exact same time I tried to access myspace and they told me that had no trouble accessing it and one person was on it when I tried. So I crossed that off my list of possibilities....lol. As for the URL it is http://myspace.com.....I think that is right. You`ll have to excuse me, I`m not very computer-wise.

It's just as well that you can't access that site, garbage in my book. Good riddance.

But just a thought, check Internet Explorer options, in the Security tab, and make sure the domain didn't get into your Restriced Sites list.

Vigilante said:
It's just as well that you can't access that site, garbage in my book. Good riddance.

But just a thought, check Internet Explorer options, in the Security tab, and make sure the domain didn't get into your Restriced Sites list.

I did check that and it is clear.....no websites in the domin of restricted sites. I do need to access the site....I have good friends on there I talk to....but I understand what you mean about myspace.

howard_hopkinso said:
Is this the site you mean?

http://home.myspace.com/

If so I can access it without problems.

Regards Howard :)

Thanks....I still can`t access and it is frustrating since I know I`m the only one with the problem and I can access any other site. Could it be some sort of virus or something that can effect one single website?

You can check your host files. They are in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc
If you just delete the files, Windows will recreate them.

Alternatly, download the latest version of HJT and post the log here as an attachment. It will show any oddities in that regard.

Have you gone through and reset all your Internet Explorer settings? Go through each tab in settings and click any "reset" buttons or "clear" etc... and see if it works.

Is it possibly just "secure" sites that don't work, as in, pages that use encryption such as to log in? Can you "log in" at other sites? Can you get in to bank sites and so forth?

Next, try going to www.mozilla.com and download Firefox, install that. See if you can get to the page from FF. It is free and much better then IE.

good luck

Vigilante said:

Alternatly, download the latest version of HJT and post the log here as an attachment. It will show any oddities in that regard.

Have you gone through and reset all your Internet Explorer settings? Go through each tab in settings and click any "reset" buttons or "clear" etc... and see if it works.

Is it possibly just "secure" sites that don't work, as in, pages that use encryption such as to log in? Can you "log in" at other sites? Can you get in to bank sites and so forth?

Next, try going to www.mozilla.com and download Firefox, install that. See if you can get to the page from FF. It is free and much better then IE.

good luck

I can access "secure" sites no problem....I tried my bank site and Yahoo email and they were fine. I`ll try what you recommended tho.....thanks!

I don`t know what to do next

Vigilante said:

good luck

well, I tried resetting my IE settings and that didn`t work.....I tried downloading and installing Firefox.....that didn`t work either. I have no idea what HJT is so I didn`t try that. I still can`t access the Myspace website and I have no idea what to do now!

Well its not just home.myspace.com. Its collect.myspace.com and mail.myspace.com as well. I tried everything I know to fix it but I figured out its a problem with myspace's server. I guess its just with certain people at certain times which doesn't sound logical...but I did a tracert on it and it went through my end of the network fine until it hit myspace's end...then they all timed out...not a single one responded...and for me it still isn't working...

I've been having the same problem, but mine started yesterday.
I can get to everything else in the site, but the homepage.
And I've cleaned out my cookies, downloaded new browers, run virusscans and everything.

So yeah.
It guess it must be the servers.

I Am Having The Same Problem

all of a sudden i went to get onto myspace.com and it would not load at all, so i tried a hundred times. which really got me because every other site i tried it went to right away. so i went to download.com and downloaded mozilla firefox, now after it was installed i tried myspace.com and bam the site came right up but it would not allow me to log in. so i tried it on internet explorer again and still it would not allow me to open the site. after going to google and searching for myspace troubleshooting i found this site and saw other people were having the same problems, so i read all the q's and a's and i used there advice and reset my IE settings and after doing that it allowed me to access myspace.com but it would not allow me to log in, if you have any other thoughts or problem solving ideas please let me know, thank you

My Space

Have u had any luck yet?? I am havin the same problem.. i have been tryin to get onto myspace all day with no luck.. takes ages for page to load and when it does "internet explorer cannot display the page" keeps poppin up. Someone help me if u can cuz its gettin pretty frustrating!

It's possible that your virus/spyware protection is blocking a possible infection being transmitted from My Space... Or you are already infected with a virus and/or malware

I'm having the same problem described by many other people here. Has anything been resolved? It seems to be a server thing, but does it ever clear up?

**FIX** I was having the same EXACT problem you were having, almost had a stroke :) (mail.myspace.com, home.myspace.com, etc.) Anyway, cool dude I work with said it might have been the "tab" feature used in IE 7 and/or Firefox that was causing the pages not to load properly. So, I rolled back to IE 6.0 and PRESTO I'm in! Try it and let me know. Hope it works.

i was wondering what the "tab" feature is and where and how can i change it to open up myspace. i can open myspace by typing someones actual myspace url. ex. myspace.com/arcjax... etc. but thats as far as it goes.

In IE7 go to Internet Options in the Control Panel and find "Change How Web Pages are Displayed in Tabs, Settings, and uncheck "Enable Tabbed Browsing"

I'm having trouble too!

You guys are not alone with this myspace issue! Mine has been down since Friday sometime. My friend was able to login as me and she lives about 20 minutes or so from me. I work about 5 or ten minutes from her and I'm out here at work too!!! I know others are out where I live as well. Everything else works fine!

Let's hope these my space people get this fixed soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back