TechSpot

Help - Cannot run 3D Programs (Like Games)

By PeterRo
Feb 22, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a big problem.
    My driver was faulty, so I rolled it back (Graphics). Then, I uninstalled it in safe mode and reinstalled it. After that everytime I open a new game program it says my drivers are faulty.

I ran didiag and about 3d acceleration it says this:

DirectDraw Acceleration: Not Available - [Disable] - [Test DirectDraw]

Direct3d Acceleration: Not Available - [Disable (Faded) - [Test Direct3d (faded)

AGP Texture Acceleration: Not Available - [Disable (faded)

No Problems found
    to test direct draw functionality, chick the "test directdraw" button above
    Direct3d functionality not available. you shuold verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer

I already tried upgrading the drivers from both Intel.com and emachines.com (i have a emachines T2896) both the drivers INF and graphics. It still does not work. Can anybody help me?
  2. N3051M

N3051M TS Rookie Posts: 2,800

can we have your system specs please?

you may need to use a driver cleaner app.. and then reinstall the driver and directx
    you can download one from the manufacturere's website of your vid card..
  3. PeterRo

PeterRo TS Rookie Topic Starter

ok

my specs are:

im using a celeron D processor 2.53 GHz, 60 GB HD, 512 RAM, Intel Extreme Graphics 3D, a intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV graphics controller

thats about it, for more info ask
  4. N3051M

N3051M TS Rookie Posts: 2,800

ok.. have u tried cleaning and updateing your video drivers and reinstall directx?
  5. mattw

mattw TS Rookie Posts: 117

you may not be able to run 3D games because you are using onboard graphics...

i dont think its solvable with drivers, you will need graphics card to run 3D games.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.