Help choosing motherboard....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have intel 3.0Ghz HT, need a motherboard, my budget is low so according to that i've have chosed two motherboards

Intel D945GCNL
Asus P5B-MX/WiFi-AP.

i am confused between these two boards which one i'll buy, i'll also have XFX 8600GT for graphics...

i dont know the performance of these motherboards so please help me...

I looked at the web sites for these and you really need to look them up for yourself. As you can see one has wireless potential etc. BVesides...I'm not sure exactly what socket your CPU is. There are 3.0 GHZ (with H/T) processors for socket 478 and socket 775.

pdyckman@comcas said:
I looked at the web sites for these and you really need to look them up for yourself. As you can see one has wireless potential etc. BVesides...I'm not sure exactly what socket your CPU is. There are 3.0 GHZ (with H/T) processors for socket 478 and socket 775.

it is for LGA 775socket

Try ebay to get a better Mobo for less. I got a Intel desktop board D925XCV LGA 775 socket for $30.00.

The Intel board is infinitely reliable and a good choice unless you are into gaming. Then the ASUS is a better gaming board... but not trouble free. You will likely have very little trouble with the Intel. I expect it will last for years. Just get a decent power supply... not necessarily powerful, but with steady output.

IMO, if you're not using the computer for heavy gaming or anything similar, this will be a cheaper choice and will do nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back