TechSpot

HELP!! comp keeps restarting b4 fully turning on

By xkalox
Sep 15, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I hav a HP pavilion. The last thing i remember doing on the comp was playing cs and downloading a file from bittorrent. I kno i need to delete the file an everything related to it, but the comp keeps restarting b4 i can log on. I tried rebooting wit safe mode, but it still restarts. Help is greatly appreciated!!
  2. elfi

elfi Newcomer, in training Posts: 107

did you try removing your mem and place another one
  3. AnySupreme

AnySupreme Newcomer, in training Posts: 34

the first thing i would tell you to do is go into the bios and disable every integrated device you have there... and see if that works... if it does... start reinstating them one by one until you find out which is giving you the problem.... or... if you have a windows xp disk... select the first repair option and run chkdsk from there and see if that helps... if not... type in ... fixmbr ... maybe those two should work...
  4. xkalox

xkalox Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

no, i found out that it was the xp pack 2 an it screwed up the comp. so i had to uninstall it.
  5. pctec

pctec Newcomer, in training Posts: 36

How did you uninstall it if you couldnt evan boot to safe mode?
    Reinstall windows from scratch?

Maybe I read your post wrong...
  6. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

bittorrents and other P2P programs are viri highways. I'll be willing to bet you have a virus. Don't use such programs.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.