TechSpot

Help concerning upgrading my computer

By IfallenI
Dec 10, 2005
  1. Well I have an older desktop computer and was hoping to upgrade as I'm not really intrested in buying a whole new computer here are the products I was wondering about:
    www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16813138266[/url]
    www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16814127176[/url]
    www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16813138269[/url]
    What I'am not aware of is if all of these are compatible and what the result would be. Would this turn out to be a good computer with some ram like a Gigabyte or so and would I be able to play new games at a satisfactory quality. Also what is the x800 equal too in nvidia cards like is it equal to a 6800 ultra? Just wondering. And which mobo should I choose as well as what is the most cost effective amd processor I can get with it that can still run all the games I want? Lastly has anyone here worked with newegg I live in Canada so I kinda need to know about tax/shipping and also is there a Canadian website that is somewhat like newegg since it would be more convient to work with them. Thankyou.

2. Sharkfood

Sharkfood TS Guru Posts: 1,019

I'm sorry but none of your NewEgg links made it into your post. They have "..." in the cut/paste. Can you try editing/relinking or describing what the parts are?

It's also difficult to compare ATI and NVIDIA cards directly as they have different features and strengths/weaknesses. Putting these aside:
    X800 XT ~ 6800 GT
    X850 XT PE ~ 6800 Ultra

I do not believe NewEgg ships to Canada, but you may want to check. The only Canadian hardware source I know of is TigerDirect and they do not have nearly as good prices as NewEgg.

3. IfallenI

IfallenI TS Rookie Topic Starter

Can you see them now I changed them so they are not directly linked anymore. I hope you can because I do need some help.

4. spartanslayer

spartanslayer TS Rookie Posts: 394

You need to go to your user settings and turn on automatic urls.

5. seemab123

seemab123 TS Rookie Posts: 18

Newegg does not deliver to Canada try this website i find it has almost the same prices if u change the currencies

www.directcanada.com

6. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,916   +345

7. smore9648

smore9648 TS Rookie Posts: 697

8. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,967   +9

And have you guys checked that this thread is from 2005 lol? :haha:

9. seemab123

seemab123 TS Rookie Posts: 18

woops......

no isnt that the join dat when he joined?

10. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Yes it is, but it`s still a very old thread lol.

Regards Howard :)

11. smore9648

:eek:
    I never look at the date

12. smore9648

/\
    |
    |
    |
    They are talking about this date

13. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,916   +345

Darn! Got caught again.

14. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

Lol yeah I saw a Topic from like 2004 or 2005 and people still post responces in it :haha:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.