TechSpot

Help concerning upgrading my computer

By IfallenI
Dec 10, 2005
  1. Well I have an older desktop computer and was hoping to upgrade as I'm not really intrested in buying a whole new computer here are the products I was wondering about:
    www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16813138266[/url]
    www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16814127176[/url]
    www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16813138269[/url]
    What I'am not aware of is if all of these are compatible and what the result would be. Would this turn out to be a good computer with some ram like a Gigabyte or so and would I be able to play new games at a satisfactory quality. Also what is the x800 equal too in nvidia cards like is it equal to a 6800 ultra? Just wondering. And which mobo should I choose as well as what is the most cost effective amd processor I can get with it that can still run all the games I want? Lastly has anyone here worked with newegg I live in Canada so I kinda need to know about tax/shipping and also is there a Canadian website that is somewhat like newegg since it would be more convient to work with them. Thankyou.

2. Sharkfood

Sharkfood TS Guru Posts: 1,198

I'm sorry but none of your NewEgg links made it into your post. They have "..." in the cut/paste. Can you try editing/relinking or describing what the parts are?

It's also difficult to compare ATI and NVIDIA cards directly as they have different features and strengths/weaknesses. Putting these aside:
    X800 XT ~ 6800 GT
    X850 XT PE ~ 6800 Ultra

I do not believe NewEgg ships to Canada, but you may want to check. The only Canadian hardware source I know of is TigerDirect and they do not have nearly as good prices as NewEgg.

3. IfallenI

IfallenI TS Rookie Topic Starter

Can you see them now I changed them so they are not directly linked anymore. I hope you can because I do need some help.

4. spartanslayer

spartanslayer TS Rookie Posts: 464

You need to go to your user settings and turn on automatic urls.

5. seemab123

seemab123 TS Rookie Posts: 21

Newegg does not deliver to Canada try this website i find it has almost the same prices if u change the currencies

www.directcanada.com

6. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,462   +230

7. smore9648

smore9648 TS Rookie Posts: 757

8. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,605   +9

And have you guys checked that this thread is from 2005 lol? :haha:

9. seemab123

seemab123 TS Rookie Posts: 21

woops......

no isnt that the join dat when he joined?

10. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Yes it is, but it`s still a very old thread lol.

Regards Howard :)

11. smore9648

:eek:
    I never look at the date

12. smore9648

/\
    |
    |
    |
    They are talking about this date

13. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,462   +230

Darn! Got caught again.

14. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,438

Lol yeah I saw a Topic from like 2004 or 2005 and people still post responces in it :haha:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.