HELP!! connected but no receiving packets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
ive read lots of posts on how to fix this proplem and tried alomost all off them and yet they didnt work for me.
my problem is that im not receiving and packets, it says im connected and cable is working as tried it on other computer also the router and modem are work because the other three computers are working two of those are connected by a wire and the other being a laptop is wireless. Ive /released and /renew ed my connection. This has been happening for sometime now and some how it worked two days ago and now once again isn't. Anyone for some words of wisdom would be muchly CHEERED :D

ipconfig /all:
windows IP configuration
Host name . . . . . . . . . . . . : BIG-G-HOME
Primary dns suffix . . . . . . . :
Node type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Mixed
Ethernet adapter local area connection:
connection-specific DNS suffic . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . . : NVIDIA nForce networking controller
Physical address . . . . . . . . . :00-11-d8-63-9a-a2
Dhcp enabled . . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration enabled . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration IP adress . . : 169.254.144.**
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.*.*
Default gateway . . . . . . . . . . : 169.254.144.**

Thankyou
Dom

When U installed the Driver, did you also install the NVidia Firewall {it comes as part of the Driver, but you have the option of installing it}.

Also, what Security are you using ?

Can you PING the Router?

START/RUN/ type CMD and type PING ip add of router

Looking at it again - the default gateway... thats an unusual IP for a router, generally 10.1.1.1 , 192.168.1.0 , 192.168.1.1 ...

thanks for help, ive tried to ping the router but with no succsess. im planing on wiring my lan cable again as it has been there for some years now, and may be damaged. i noticed that the gateway ip was odd as the other two pc have different one more like the one's you stated. typed the same gateway and submask as other pc in the house but once again no succsess. as far as i know i installed all the drivers but have now lost cd.
unlike other treads ive read on this proplem i have also have full mbps if that helps :D

Full mbps don't matter if you have some connection, but don't receive the packets.

Are you able to re-configures the network card ( Auto-duplex) and forces it to repair the connection?

i couldnt fix the pc last night so turned it off and switched it on today and it wouldnt boot, says something like "windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
<windows root>\ststem32\hal.dll.
please re-install a copy of the above file."

So.............. but me always loosing cds like my motherboard one i have also lost my xp cd great i know, sorry to change the subject in hand but well can anyone help at all of shall i post new tread

u might try to borrow someones copy of windows xp pro to repair windows as it should not have to be activated again and any xp pro will be the same.

just the thing i did today, didn't do a repair it just worked some how and so does the internet now after rewired the cable it seemed to work. Thanks everyone for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back