Help Converting Video to DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope someone can help me. I am trying to convert my wedding video to DVD and, as such, have purchased a Belkin Hi Speed DVD Converter. I have finally worked out how to get it all plugged into the Video Recorder and the computer and can get it to playback on Nero fine. However, when I try to record and capture the picture freezes and I get an error message saying"Unable to analyze the captured file c:\...). When I close out of Nero (in a fit of pique!!!) the computer reboots and then on restart says the computer has recovered from a critical error.

What am I doing wrong and how do I get round it? Go easy with me, I am not a teccie, just a housewife with a few brain cells!

Thanks in advance

Jacqui

I'm afraid I have no idea. Personally, I don't use any expensive hardware for creating DVD's from video files. I tend to use Nero Vision, as bundled with Nero 7 Premium these dats. It's simple and does what it says on the tin with most formats. Takes an hour or two usually, but ease of use tends to be what I'm going for these days. Nero Vison, as mentioned above, is simply a matter of telling it to create a DVD, add the files, set chapters, create a menu (or not - your choice), set burning options and burn. Does it all in one package.

Someone more experienced with your particular piece of hardware might be able to answer your question though if you particularly want to do it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back