TechSpot

!!HELP!! cpu not saying what it should

By neild79
Jul 21, 2006
  1. my specs are: amd athlon 64 3000+ 2.0ghz cpu, asrock k8vm800 socket 754 mobo, 256mb ddr400 pc3200 184 pin ram, 250gb samsung sp2504c hdd. i recently had to reinstall windows xp home edition as i deleted 2 files needed to boot up. the problem is, before i had to reinstall windows, when i went to control panel then system it said amd athlon 64 3000+ 2.0ghz. now when i do it, it still says that but now it says its only 1.0ghz. it is a 2.0ghz cpu i have in my cpu + dont understand why it says 1.0ghz! i would really appreciate some help here as i dont have any idea as to whats went wrong. thank you...my computer is also running rather slow, + i just put it down to the fact that ive only got 256mb ram, + that ive put a lot of songs, films, + games onto my hard drive. please help.thanks

2. blue_dragon

blue_dragon TS Rookie Posts: 278

have you checked your bios?

3. neild79

neild79 Banned Topic Starter Posts: 84

i have, but dont know what im looking for! please give me some advice...thank you

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.