Help, creamed my drive with Partition Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I had a setup of one 80Gb hard drive, which i partitioned into 2, and installed windows XP on the first. I was just starting to do some hard drive re-shuffling, and decided to merge the two partitions on this drive using partition magic. It then told me that it couldnt do it because there was a mis-match in the cluster sizes, as the big one was 512 and the OS one was 4k.

I then set Partition Magic resizing the 4k drive down to 512 to make them match, but somewhere towards the end of the process it came up with some kind of batch file error, and reset. Next thing i know it cant load windows because of corrupted files.

After putting the drive in another machine as a slave, i have discovered that almost every file on the one partition is corrupted. No data recovery software seems to be able to extract it, and so i'm a bit stuck (especially as my university work was on the drive).

If anyone could help me fix this mess that would be great.

Ben

Maybe you can try and reset the cluster size back to original ,but I doubt if that will fix it
I have been using file scavenger for bout a year now to help get back info from messed up systems
you can try that.
Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back