*HELP* Cursors disappear using Acrobat 5 & Office 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwnewson

Can anyone help me??

I'm using Windows 2000 and I have Acrobat 5 and Office 2000.
Whenever I open any .pdf's in Acrobat, my cursor disappears. Whenever I hover over the document I SHOULD get a "hand" for grabbing the document, or a "magnifying glass" for zooming, etc... but I get nothing... Also sometimes (not always) the SAME thing happens in Office 2000 (Word & Excel)... when I hover over the white space in the document my cursor disappears...

This is REALLY annoying... You can probably imagine... Any suggestions???

What mouse are you using?
Try a newer/different mouse driver to see if the problem goes away.

I have a MS Optical Explorer Mouse 5.0.
It says the driver is the most up-to-date. I installed the software that came with it and looked on Windows update....

Still confused!

Have you tried running all the office updates from office.microsoft.com and installing the 5.0.5 Acrobat update? Not sure if that will work for you but there were several issues resolved between microsoft and adobe with those updates.

LNCPapa

Video drivers could also be blamed. You can try reducing the video acceleration setting. And of course you can check your mouse cursor theme, maybe change it.

Did this problem always occur, or is it recent?

Have you updated any drivers prior to the problem being noticed (e.g. video driver, as Nodsu pointed out)?

MS Mice have various settings in the mouse driver. Try uninstalling your mouse driver, and then reinstalling (just in case the configuration has been messed up).

Does the problem occur with the windows default mouse driver?

I fixed it! I updated from Acrobat 5.0 to 5.05 and all of a sudden it works! :-$ sorry for the dumb question!
Thanks for the help though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back