Help Decipher Minidump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everytime I plug in my ethernet cable into my NIC I get this bluescreen error message:
0x0000007e (0xc0000005, 0x804db548, 0xf7af0bdc, 0xf7af08d8)

I've ran chkdsk, memtest86, repaired the windows instillation, tested the hdd and no problems. I know it's a driver problem but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. If anybody can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Mini120607-02.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 5
Try reinstalling the NIC drivers.

If you can't find anything on this file it could be possible that it's some sort of malware but that isn't the most likely case as it ends in .sys

0x7E errors are notorious because they can be due to a wide spectrum of issues like faulty drivers, software, etc.

I agree with Daveskater's advice considering that the BSODs only occur when utilizing your NIC card and ethernet cable.

If reinstalling the drives doesn't work then see if the NIC card manufacturer has updated drivers.

It could be your NIC card is bad.

I appreciate all the help. I installed the newest drivers I could find and that still didn't fix it. I got the problem fixed. It was malware, and virus's. I had ran a bunch of test's already and thought it found all of them. There was one .exe in the My Documents folder and a folder with a .dll under the C:\ I deleted both of those and the computer is working great. Thanks again for all your help.

Yes toadfrog17,
Since Google didn't show anything, we knew a virus or other malware had attacked you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back