Help defective video card, Leadtek and EBAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadpixel

Hi I'm new to the techspot forums. They have proved useful to me many times so I finally signed up. The issue I am CURRENTLY grappling with was discussed here like a year ago. Here's the thread

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic17943-pg1.html&pp=20

Now that was helpful for diagnosing the problem with my leadtek A400 6800GT but the question is what do I DO about it. I bought this card from a seller on Ebay. He offers a 30 day no DOA guarantee and promises to replace anything that's defective, but in the event that he flakes, or that the replacement is bad too...

My question is basically this: will Leadtek do anything for me? If they did manufacture any quantity of defective cards, should they be responsible for replacing them?

I've already left a message with Leadtek USA and sent an email, and of course I emailed the seller. Now I'm waiting. I just thought I'd run the situation past you all in the meantime. Any advice? I just want this resolved quickly and smoothly as possible.

Thanks all for your time
-josh

i tihnk ledtech will only fix it if its still under warntee and you have proof and date of purchace, otherwise the ebay seller should replace it

entering RMA process w/ leadtek

I've only heard bad things about leadtek's RMA dept. so we'll see how this goes...

first try refunding through seller, do you have proof of putchace as ledtech will prob ask for it

good luck

only proof of purchase I have is paypal invoice

...but leadtek did not ask... They gave me RMA number and told me to send in the card. I'm sending it today.

I actually asked the guy at Leadtek point blank if it were true that the first run of A400's was defective. He avoided the question several times before I asked rather confrontationally "if defective cards made it to distribution or not." He finally said, quote: "Yeah, I think that happened."

The ebay seller says he doesn't have any more video cards so he cannot replace it. He told me to see what Leadtek will do but says he'll give a refund if the card's truly defective. He seems to want proof...

ah well. I'm going to sleep. I really hope this crap works itself out somehow.

-j

Maybe you could try selling it to some one else??

Ya, if none of this works out with the seller maybe you could try selling it on ebay just say the same stuff as the other seller told you and maybe you could get your money back don't say its defective or anything like that or else you'll never get your money back. Lol I'm pretty sure someone is stupid enough to buy it. lol. :grinthumb

Yeah I got my fingers crossed...

Hopefully leadtek won't do to me what they did to all the people here:

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller686-p1-s2-d1.html

I sent them the tracking number so they'll know I have it, and they'll know that I will know when the card gets to them.

Your move, Leadtek.

BTW i definitely considered reselling it but I don't think I could live with myself. You dont understand this card is messed up BAD. It's not dead, it works, but it works in a really ugly, screwed up way. People will go nuts trying to mess with their computer to make it work and it never ever will :haha:

it has begun.......

Why won't The rep at the RMA dept answer my emails?

I asked him twice to bench test the new card before sending it.

He responded to neither message. I know the address is correct too, because it worked before when I sent him the following message:

"Hello, the card was shipped today, packaged and marked as instructed. The tracking number is ***************. Will you bench test the new card for me?"

His response to that message was one word. "Thanks." That's the last I've heard from him.

I sent him another email in which I asked him again to bench test the new card and explained my concerns. I told him about his department's reputation and the overwhelming number of people who claim to have been cheated (By being RMA'd another faulty board and then cut off).. I gave him a few links to some testimonials.. I said I hope leadtek is not trying to cut its losses by distributing these defective cards through RMAs. Because that's really how it looks. I also apologized for making such accusations in the event that I am mistaken. I think I remained pretty civil. Problem is I don't know how good this guy's english is. I only spoke to him once on the phone.

Sent that on monday and haven't heard anything back. I am a little concerned.

I'm gonna start a new thread I think called "Help me social engineer leadtek's RMA dept into giving me what I already paid for."

ugh..... :suspiciou

Received replacement

Got my replacement card from leadtek today, and *gasp* it WORKS! I guess they just got a bad rap for a few isolated incidents.

So i gtg play F.E.A.R. on max settings now. Thanks all

You might as well empty that signature completely, signatures are limited to 3/4 lines max. Enter your system specs in your user profile instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back