Help Desperately needed with monitor trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, Here is what happened, I was trying to sort out my screen becuse the mouse kept veering off to the right, under properties, in settings, i accidentally changed mt primary monitor. The monitor than went onto standby. When i turned the monitor off than back on again itsaid 'No Signal Input'

When i restart, it loads up normally, and you can see the loading screen, but just before it comes on to the welcome screen where you log in, it goes onto standby and the screen goes black.
Please Help.
I cant get to properties because there is no signal to the monitor

P.S, i have already tried a different monitor

It sounds to me like you are going to have to go through the display properties blindly. Meaning, have a friend walk you through the steps to get to your primary display device again. Have them do it step by step on their computer, with they KEYBOARD, so you can follow. I have done this before when a buddy turned the refresh rate up too high. Just be patient. And you might want to move the mouse to the upper left corner to be sure it is off of the taskbar.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Have you tried starting the PC in "Safe Mode"? Turn the PC on and press the F8 key continously until you boot into the "Safe Mode" screen. By Windows XP and 2000 you will see the following options.

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Enable Boot Logging
Enable VGA mode
Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked)
Directory Services Restore Mode (Windows domain controllers only)
Debugging Mode

Scroll to the option "Enable VGA mode". If that does not help you then try booting with the option "Safe Mode". Windows will then boot with standard monitor settings allowing you to correct the adjustments. I hope this helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back