Help disabling a onboard graphics called SIS Mirage 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

I have a HP Pavilion a810n. It runs on AMD Athlon and its supposed to have 512MB RAM but due to the bloody SIS Mirage 2 "integrated Graphics" that uses 128 MB RAM, the system says it only uses 384. I decided to install a new Graphic PCI card GeForce 440. I put it in, then after installing the newest driver it worked perfect, so I disabled the SIS Display Adapter and something else related to that called "SIS Accelerated Graphics Port" (which made the SIS Display adapter "disappear") but the computer still says 384mb RAM. I went to BIOS and I did NOT find anything related to the onboard graphics except that instead of 128mb now it only uses 32 (which makes the computer run on 480mb RAM)

What I want to do is to disable the onboard graphics so that the computer can run in 512MB RAM like it is supposed to be.

This are the options in the Advanced tab of BIOS:

Plug and Play OS - Yes
Reset Configuration Data - No
Primary Video Adapter - PCI (Instead of AGP/Onboard)
PS/2 Mouse - Auto Detect
Onboard 1394 - Enabled
Onboard Lan - Enabled
Onboard LAN Boot ROM - Disabled
SATA Adapter - Enabled
Onboard Video Memory Size - 32 MB (Instead of the original 128 mb)
Onboard Audio - Auto

I tried by disabling 1394, and nothing happened. Then I disabled SATA Adapter, and nothing happened. HP Support says that in this menu there should be a option that says Onboard Video but, as you can see, there isn't. (this is the newest BIOS as I bought this computer like 5 months ago.)

Thank You Very Much

Desktop

its a desktop. I'll try to find a jumper, but, how does it look like?
and if I take the jumper out, will I be able to put it on again so that it works again just in case the graphic card stops working?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back