Help discover Gravity waves!

By puppetgrimm1
May 2, 2005
  1. Hello all I was just writing to let all you science buffs out there that there is a place on the web call "Einstein@Home" this is a project developed to search data from the Laser Interferometer Gravitational wave Observatory to help them find gravity waves let of by rapidly rotating stars such as "Neutron stars" & "Quark stars". Anyway they are asking for your help by simple letting them use your spare CPU time to search for these gravity waves and you get credit for your help. If your interested in helping please go to and sign up!

2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

I run setiathome on all my computers, even work.
  3. puppetgrimm1

puppetgrimm1 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 50

Ya! I used to run it too. I think you can run both alternating every 60 minutes. I also found alot of others donating time for cancer research and helping to find new medicine etc...

4. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,495

Good stuff

Yea my mom does the cancer thing with our dell. But i am a science nerd, so helping finding gravity waves sound sweet. Signing up now

5. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,202   +422

Hehe - I can't believe I actually browsed your entire ramen site. lol - time I coulda spent playing WoW :(
  6. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,495

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.