HELP! Dosnt make any sense, 3D Benchmark 03 score

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive just manged to sort out my comp an now have an Athlon XP 3200+ , an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe motherboard, Geforce FX 5600 ultra(128mb), 512 mb RAM
(PC 2100)
I done a 3D 03 benchmark and got a score of 1108

My old computer was exactly the same except i had an AS Rock motherboard and an AMD Duron 1.8Ghz processor.
That score was 2801 , more than double.
Also my old motherboard was only 4X AGP speed. And new motherboard runs 8X AGP.

Ive checked system info and it says i have exactly the specs ive told you.
Its really weird and i cant figure out the reason. Only possible thing is the RAM being PC 2100. But could this make all the difference?
I was expecting to do far better than my old score, not half it.
Have i wasted £120 or whatever it was?

Any ideas? Cheers

The processor bus is running at 400mhz and the memory at 266. Thats a bottleneck if Ive ever seen one. Try running the memory at 333 and see if your score goes up. Its best to run the processor and RAM at the same speed. Also try re-installing your video drivers.

cheers sounds right in what your saying. call me a noob, hey im only 15 but could you tell me how to change the memory from 266 to 333. vid drivers are kul though, all up to date.

Got into the BIOS and bus speed settings are under Advanced Chipset Features- Memory Frequency. Change the setting from 133 to 166. 166x2=333.
There have been a few times when Ive had to go throught the video driver install twice because something didnt take the first time and my 3Dmark scores came out low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back