HELP!!! DVD Burner won't play DVD'S

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. I don't know if I am in the right spot, but maybe someone can point me in the right direction. I have tried everything under the sun to get my DVD Burner to play DVD's and it won't do it. I can play audio CD's and Media Discs but I can't watch DVD's. HELP!!!!:hotouch:

2. Can't get my DVD Burner to play DVD's. It will play Audio, and Media files but not DVD's.

3. I don't know if I am in the right place, but neither of my DVD Burners will play DVD's. They will play Audio and Media CD's but not DVD's. I have tried every thing under the sun to get them to work. What am I doing wrong?:hotouch:

Do you know what brand DVD burner it is? Most have a product name on the front (like Lite On, Pioneer, Sony, etc.etc.).

Also, how does it appear in My Computer? Does it say DVD R/W or CD or .. ??

Lastly, how does it appear in the Device Manager? You can inspect the device manager in Windows XP by right-clicking on My Computer, select Properties then go to the Hardware tab. Click the Device Manager button to open the Device Manager then expand the "DVD/CD-Rom Drives" tree by clicking the little "+" next to that. It should list your device.

Can you see the files on a dvd if you explore the drive? The read laser is different from the write laser, so it is entirely possible the read one broke.

Unless you are running Vista you will have to install a 3rd party mpeg2 decoder. Typically this comes with DVD drives in the form of a dvd software player like PowerDVD or WinDVD. So if you don't have one of them installed do so, or get VLC.

Without any more details that is about as good of an answer as I can give.

Now look at the mess this thread is. I had to merge 3 of your threads together because you had the brilliant idea of posting the same problem wherever you felt like. Please DO NOT do this again. Read the link in my signature for other guidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back