Help. Experencing problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan29121

I recently built a computer and im very frustrated with it so far. Ive been having some issues but the biggest issue now is that my computer locks up (cant ctrl+alt+del and just shows the loading cursor) all the time sometimes randomly and every single time I try and start a game (i.e TF2 and COD4) When it locks up I notice that some things look strange like im getting lines across the screen and weird colors in some areas. After it sits on this screen for about 5 minutes or so the "blue screen" comes up. I was using powerstrip overclocking program but i removed it to try and troubleshoot. What is causing this? Can anyone help me? All my parts are currently listed below. I have the newest GPU drivers. i do thank everyone in advance for helping me with this issue. I really need help.

EDIT: I just tried swapping out RAM and that did not fix the problem. Keep in mind these are all brand new parts.

Case: Cosmos
Motherboard: GIGABYTE P35 DS3R
CPU: Q6600
GPU: EVGA 8800GT 512MB
PSU: OCZ GameXStream 700W
RAM: 2GB G.SKILL DDR2 800
HDD: Seagate 7200.10 320GB
CPU Fan: Zalman CNPS9700 NT
Drive: Samsung SH-S203B

Did you set your clock speeds back to stock settings before removing your overclocking program? It might be locking-up due to an unstable overclock, make sure you're on stock settings.

Run SPEEDFAN and monitor your temperatures, make sure it's not overheating.

Just to be sure, the latest Forceware driver is: 169.21

It shouldnt be overheating because sometimes the computer is only on for about 5 minutes before it locks up.

Reset the CMOS bios to the default settings. If this doesn't work, recheck the thermal compound you used or didn't use between the CPU and its heatsink. Did you remember to plug in the 4-pin molex connector from the power supply to the motherboard, if the motherboard has a 4-pin molex plug?

I updated to 169.21, reseted the BIOS and CMOS but it still occurs. I just built this computer less than a month ago so the thermal compound should be fine. I used a small line across both sets of cores as instructed by arctic silver. Every time I start a game my computer just locks up before it gets to the menus. This is really confusing me. Can you think of anything else that may cause this?

EDIT: The 4 pin "ATX" power supply plug is connected to the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back