Help finding the problem from minidumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Im having a problem with what i think is my page file, and I think I know how I caused it.

I downloaded something to clean up my page file when I rebooted and since then i've been getting errors such as:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
BAD_POOL_CALLER
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I think I have solved the IRQL problem as it related to my firewire audio device, since I rolled back the newly installed drivers I havent had this message again. Also, I havent had the Pool Caller error message for a while however, I am regularl getting the PAGE_FAULT BSOD.

I think it may be related to my torrent program as I have heard others with similar stories, however now 'Sibelius' a music program is failing to open, yet this may be because of the rolled back audio drivers.

I am pretty sure it is not the RAM, but directly related to the fact that my Page File did get changed/edited or whatever by the program I downloaded (from Microsoft! although I cant find that program now)

I have tried a system restore, but it wont let me restore any further back than the 4th Dec and this doesnt help.

Ive attached some minidumps so hopefully someone can point out the problem to me. I wonder whether simply reinstalling software (like Sibelius, and the torrent program azureus) would help?

Thanks,

Ben

P.S. I am currently trying to defragment after changing my Page File to 0 as recommended in the sticky at the top of this forum however it takes so long I thought I would ask for help.

Ben, the best way I find to troubleshoot this problem is by finding the corresponding Errors in the Event Viewer. They will give additional information making it easier to find a cause and solution:

Follow this path:
Control Panel >Administrative Tools> Event Viewer> Click on System & Apps, one at a time on the left> look for Errors on the right> right click error> Properties> note description of error, Event# and Source.

There is a "copy" button below the up/down arrows. Click that, then go to any place that allows you to type (ie. notepad, wordpad, this board) and you can paste (use CTRL-V) the entire event details there. It makes for easy reporting of the event.

If you want to paste the Event here, you do not need to include the lines of code that follow the Description- but paste all else. You will be looking for Error that occurs at the time of the problem. Please ignore Warnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back