Help Get Wifes PC Running Before She Drives Me Crazy! ASUS P4B266 Suddenly No Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any assistance getting wife off back would be greatly appreciated!

This is the first problem I have had with an ASUS Board.

It is an ASUS P4B266 and suddenly one morning she tries to get on it and it doesnt boot. Everything powers but the POST Voice doesnt play and the machine will not boot.

I tried changing Memory, Disconnecting drives, removing AGP/PCI cards, etc, etc and still everything powers and no post. I also tried resetting CMOS, this didnt work either.

I am hearing that there may be other possibilities than the board being fried. I cannot really afford to replace this system at this time.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Dave

I forgot to mention that I had already tried another Power Supply... Didnt change a t

I forgot to mention that I had already tried another Power Supply... Didnt change a thing. Fired everything up again, still no post!

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

I am certainly open to any and all ideas.

Cannot afford a new MOBO, Processor, RAM and Graphics card right at the moment. Have some other things in the fire...

Help! Wife is pi__ing me off... Ha Ha

Hey, I may have a solution, I will trade my wife for a new system? ; )

Assuming this is not the result of something being removed, added or moved around... The best way to troubleshoot this aside from what you have already done is to remove the whole board and all components. Reinstall just the board, CPU, memory, video card, check any switches/jumpers that might cause this behavior and clear the CMOS... Hopefully it will POST.

If it does not POST, then either your memory, board, CPU or video card is bad. You'll need to swap out these components to effectively troubleshoot.

No POST beeps (providing the system speaker is installed correctly) means bad board or bad CPU usually... But not exclusively. Computers do their own thing, you see. :) This may not be a good sign though.

The reason I ask for you to disassemble your entire computer and disconnect everything is I've seen many things happen. Failing PCI cards, failing drives, shorted cables, USB headers on backwards... etc... Can all cause this behavior. It's best to work from scratch and rule these things out before you waste more time diagnosing the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back