Help getting a power suply

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazdude

well, am getting an evga (howerever u spell that) geforce 6600 gt for christmass, but the thing is i dont have a lot left over for a psu. i currently have a 300 watt one and it probably wont run the video card. now is there any psu in newegg under 40 bucks, under 30 if possible that would be reliable enough to run the video card? i only have 200 bucks, and 139 are for the card some to buy a game (no point in getting a card and no games at all) and some for psu. so is there any psu i cud buy?

how about this psu? wud it handle that video card? heres the link:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817171007

or how about this one? :

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817192002

wud any of those psu handle that 6600 gt? by the way here is my system

amd anthlon 64 3500 @ 2.2 ghz
512 ram
windows xp home edition
250 gb hardrive

well, its pretty much an hp pavilion a1211n

so wud any of those psus be able to handle that card?

by the way its pci-e interface.

also am wondering, can any computer work with any power supply? or does it have to be compatible or something?

i dont think any of those power supplys will work well, surch the boards and there are so many probs with psus doing weired things, jsut becasue it says 400 or 500 watts dont mean it really is, you have to look at other things like rails and effincy (bad spelling)

go with eather antec,fortron as they are very relicable brands

now the only real compatabiliy issue betwween powersupplyss and motherboards are form factor and pins, theres ATX (more popular and common and what you most liky have), and btx (new and smaller and cooler) and pin on the motherboard 20 and 24, most new power supplies come with 24 pin arrengemant where you can take the extra 4 pins off if needed

is your computer custom built or OEM (hp,gateway ect) if its an oem built post the make and moddel

I would recomend getting antec or froton, so you will have solid power and no problems down the road,

good luck :grinthumb

EDIT: sorry i didnt see you had an hp, ill look and psot back

what about the reviews? people say they been running 6600 gts with them, see as i said i havent got a lot of money available, plus u have to take tax in consideration.... i live in Canada by the way

ok, some oems have probles adding new power supiles and use speciel connects, i know that some dells have this, althoh i dont think this is a problem with hp, any way you can post what motherboard you have otherwise i tihnk your good to go with a 6600gt and a good 400 watt psu

dang. didnt know newegg didnt ship to canada, man that is a bummer, am talking about canadian money by the way. but man now i have no clue what to do, lol, u sure newegg doesnt ship to canada?

I heard bad things about thermeltake, but if your on a budget i think it will do

newegg should start to ship to canada immagen how many new custemers they would gain

dang, ive seen tiger direct but they dont have a wide selection of cards like newegg...... there is no point to keep this thread going if i cant buy from new egg...... by the way i though new egg also shipped to europe, of are my assumpsions wrong?

I have heard bad things from most manufacturers and experienced worst things from some. Thermaltake is good - however you might get a bad component like anywhere else. As for their PSUs I would rather by that than many others.

Why don't you phone & ask NE if they ship to you?

I think that card would do it. And BTW, they always specify prices in US dollars so u'll have to convert and find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back